- July 27, 2019
- Posted by: jodes
Joseph is a trained and experienced specialist in the area of grant management with over 12 years of practical experience with major funding agencies including Centre for Disease control (CDC), United Agency for International Development (USAID), World Bank, Irish AID , DANIDA, DFID, KOICA, Every mother counts, UNICEF and European Union (EU) among others. He is skilled and experienced in grant portfolio management, resource mobilisation, Public-Private Partnership management, pre and post grants management, designing grant tracking systems and conducting trainings for sub grantees (Civil Society Organizations, Health facilities and local governments).
Joseph holds a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) degree (Accounting Option) Honours and Other specialised grants management training in Uganda, South Africa, Malaysia, UK and USA.
KEY COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
- Project budget development and monitoring
- Donor compliance management
- Conducting due diligence for prospective partners; CBOs, health facilities, NGOs etc.
- Community based organization (CBO) capacity assessments
- Contracts management and compliance
- Conducting value for money audits for supported projects
- Sub agreement design, implementation and monitoring
- Developing Internal control systems for NGOs, CBOs etc.,
- Strong skills in Resource mobilization and grant proposal development
- Grants policy/ manual development, implementation and monitoring
- Strong skills in managing Result Based Financing (RBF) etc.
2018 – Todate: Senior Grants Consultant, Jodes Grants Management Agency
2011 – 2018 Grants Manager- Baylor Uganda
2010 – 2011 Grants Coordinator- Joint Clinic Research Centre (JCRC)
2009 – 2010 Grants Officer – Independent Development Fund (IDF)
2007 – 2008 Grants manager – European Union Civil Society Capacity Building Programme
2005 – 2006 Grants specialist – USAID ACE Project
2000 – 2004 – Sponsoship Assistant Plan International